Business Development Manager
This is a full time non-contract position with full benefits. The qualified candidate will play an important role in the implementation and support of custom Microsoft ASP.NET applications and enterprise content management systems. The position is located in the Indianapolis, IN area, candidates should be willing to consider re-locating. If re-locating is not an option, remote employment may be considered.
Career opportunity where the drive to see your impact, compete, and win are key
Are you energized by having the freedom and independence to get out there and make things happen? Do you have a “winning” attitude and excel at breaking down barriers to help
businesses achieve results? Are you looking for a fast paced and varied work environment where you will be recognized and compensated for your contribution to excellence?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we have the perfect role for you. At ServerSide we take deep pride in bringing quality software implementation and managed
cloud services to our clients. Our focus is to attract the best, and brightest success driven people to work on our team. Joining the ServerSide team means more than getting a job, it means seeing your impact on growing an amazing organization. If you are looking for a career where you
will be allowed to take the ball and run with it and develop your own road to success, read on to learn more about our Business Development Manager position.
- Utilize multiple channels to identify and target outbound communication and cold-calling strategy
- Proactively identify organizations who may find value in software implementation and managed cloud services due to existing competitor relationships or emerging needs
- Leverage strong network of contacts and businesses to further advance possible opportunities
- Creatively explore new markets and territories through networking, group involvement, etc
Investigate and Qualify Potential Opportunities: (20%)
- Ask investigative questions to uncover and define prospects needs
- Set up and manage online, phone and in person meetings to consultatively understand full scope of technical requirements.
- Develop strategic approach for investigation that takes into consideration specific qualification criteria that can be assessed and measured to indicate level of qualification
- Identify decision makers and decision making process
- Develop/prepare materials for presentation of differentiated value back to prospects
- Speak in an articulate and persuasive manner in order to translate value to qualified audience
- Manage presentation timeframe to allow for proper translation of ServerSide values as well as solution
- Overcome obstacles and objections in a timely manner based upon knowledge gained from proper investigation
Negotiate and Close: (20%)
- Work with ServerSide team to develop detailed SOW based off of client needs and ServerSide capabilities
- Present final solution to client
- Overcome final objections
- Define appropriate next steps and timelines
- Obtain final written sign-off from decision maker(s)
CRITICAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Successful experience selling web content management software and cloud services to marketing and technical clients
- Successful experience closing opportunities that exceed 100,000 in ACV
- Successful experience managing self and daily results driven activities under minimal supervision
- Successful experience utilizing a CRM to track and manage individual sales tasks, pipeline, and closing opportunities
- Successful experience in selling a product or solution in a highly competitive marketplace
- Successful experience in competing with companies of equal or larger size
- Minimum 3 years in technology sales
- Strong ability to proactively prospect, qualify, and close opportunities to achieve revenue target
- Skilled at planning (strategic sales plan) and managing company and personal revenue forecasts
- Ability to uncover and analyze client needs in order to provide strategic direction on proper solution
- Skilled at objection handling in a professional manner
- Thorough knowledge and ability to track and report all sales driven activities in a CRM
- Quality- Result are important but so is doing it right.
- Mutual Respect- We treat each other, vendors and clients fairly and respectfully.
- Attention to the details- Perfection and quality are in the details.
- Professional Excellence- Every client, every job, every day.
- Proactive Initiative and Leadership- We trust our employees to contribute to the company without the need for micromanagement of activities
- Personal Growth- We support continuous learning and invest in building leadership capacity in all employees so they may constantly perform at their highest level of contribution.
- Independent action – Works autonomously with little oversight on the actions and activities that drive net new revenue results
- Results Orientation – Focus on the achievement of net new revenue sales targets.
- Competitive Market Insight –Expert understanding of the competitive
market and solution sets that allows for the ultimate win of new business.
- Strategic perspective – Incorporates broad
perspective of internal and external influences in order to address customer
needs and overcome objections/obstacles.
- Responsive –
Executes a variety of activities, quickly adapts to unexpected prospect
needs, and thrives under the pressure of achieving time-bound goals.
- Persuasive communication – Quickly connect and convince prospects
on value-added solutions that meet defined business outcomes.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.